Palomino Rooms - BMO Centre
20 Roundup Way SE
Canada T2G 2W1
Date:Apr 27, 2017 at 9:00
Price:$240 for an All Access pass. $165 for 1 Day pass. Use promo code EXPO2017. Expires March 10th. Regular price is $300 for All Access and $205 for 1 day pass. (Returning attendees are eligible for additional discounts!)
The Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo (April 27-30, 2017) is proud to once again present Schoolism Live Workshops: Calgary.
Schoolism is a two day artist’s workshop with industry professionals from the creative arts, which will take place April 27th & 28th. Evolve your artistic thinking, meet fellow like-minded artists and change your art forever. This workshop will be talked about and remembered for years to come, and takes places right here in Calgary at the Calgary Expo.
- Christophe Lautrette – The Croods, Kung Fu Panda, The Prince of Egypt, Madagascar
- Mike Yamada – Big Hero 6, The Croods, Kung Fu Panda 2, How to Train Your Dragon
- Andrea Blasich – Brave, Ice Age: The Meltdown, Shark Tale, “The Dam Keeper”
- Michael Daley – Ice Age franchise, Epic, Rio 2, The Peanuts Movie
- Kristen Lester – “Symbionic Titan”, Everyone’s Hero, Astroboy, The Good Dinosaur, and Finding Dory
- Lucy Desmarchelier – The Prince of Egypt, Tomorrowland, Corpse Bride, Hotel Transylvania
- Raphael Lacoste – Assassin’s Creed franchise (Ubisoft), Prince of Persia (Ubisoft), Terminator Salvation, Journey to the Centre of the Earth
- Day 1 / Thursday Apr 27:
From Script to Screen with Christophe Lautrette – 9:00am to 12:00pm
Designing to Support your Story with Mike Yamada – 1:00pm to 3:00pm
Designing with clay with Andrea Blasich – 3:30pm to 6:30pm
- Day 2 / Friday Apr 28:
Successful Storyboarding with Michael Daley & Kristen Lester – 9:00am to 12:00pm
Framework: Designing for Pictures with Luc Desmarchelier – 1:00pm to 3:00pm
Environment Design: Designing Immersive Worlds with Raphael Lacoste – 3:30pm to 6:30pm
To register for Schoolism Live, or for detailed descriptions on the workshops, please visit the event page here.