- The Fangirl’s Guide to the Galaxy
- Cineplex Pre-show host
- Teletoon co-host
- Make up Artist Featured in:
- Huffington Post
- The Chive
Due to a change in his production schedule, Noel Clarke will no longer be able to join us for Calgary this year. We wish Noel all the best with his projects, and hopefully we’ll see him at the show sometime in the future!
- Doctor Who
- Harry Potter
- Rise of the Planet of the Apes
- The Apparition
- Victoria Ying – Tangled, Wreck It Ralph, Frozen, Paperman, Big Hero 6, Moana
- Craig Mullins – Magic: The Gathering, The Matrix Revolutions, Armageddon, Flubber, Contact, Apollo 13, Jurassic Park, Forrest Gump, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
- Thomas Fluharty – TIME, Entertainment Weekly, ESPN, Fisher Price, Sports Illustrated, the Los Angeles Times, Coca-Cola
- Justin Fields – Halo 5, Jupiter Ascending, Maleficent, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, League of Legends, The Wolverine, Goosebumps
- Ryan Lang – Visual Development artist for Wreck It Ralph, Big Hero 6, Marvel Studios
- Terryl Whitlatch – Lucasfilm/ILM artist, principal creature designer for Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, Wildlife of Star Wars, The Katurran Odyssey, Animals Real & Imagined, talesofamalthea.com
- Mike Yamada – Production Designer at Walt Disney Animation, Art Center College of Design, Continuum, Disney Interactive
On Monday, May 2 and Tuesday, May 3rd, there will be professional workshops at ACAD featuring these amazing artists! For more information and how to register, click HERE.
Day 1 / Monday May 2:
ZBrush for concept Design with Justin Fields – 9am to 12pm
Live demo with Craig Mullins – 1pm to 3pm
Color and Lighting for Illustration with Ryan Lang – 3:30pm to 6:30pm
Day 2 / Tuesday May 3
How to Make a Killer Image with Thomas Fluharty – 9am to 12pm
Creature design with Terryl Whitlatch – 1pm to 3:00pm
Designing Charact3ers with Personality with Victoria Ying – 3:30pm to 6:30pm.
- Superman Returns
- Legends of Tomorrow
- Zak and Miri Make a Porno
- Marvel Comics
- Marvel MCU
The Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo and Calgary Underground Film Festival have teamed up to celebrate creativity!
Challenge Details: The Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo and the Calgary Underground Film Festival have joined forces to host an epic 48 Hour Film Challenge. The Challenge takes place the weekend of April 1st-3rd. Each team will randomly be given a GENRE, a PROP and a LINE OF DIALOGUE to include in their film. All creativity such as; writing, shooting, editing and adding a musical soundtrack must occur within the 48 hour window beginning Friday evening at 7pm and ending Sunday at 7pm. The submitted films will be screened by our panel of expert judges. The winning films and runner ups will be shown at a special screening at the Calgary Expo on April 28, 2016. All films will be put up for the audience choice award during the course of the Calgary Expo. Entrance fee for teams to participate is $65.00 with all fees going towards prizes and 6 paid admissions for the event on Thursday, April 28th at the Calgary Expo.
Calgary Expo is now recruiting for 2016! We’re looking for dynamic fun-loving fans to join the Expo family! Want to know more? Visit our CREW PAGE!